I’ve wanted to read the Mara Dyer series since… FOREVER. For so many reasons. I mean, gosh, look at that freakily beautiful cover. And it’s synopsis is so freakin’ intriguing, too! Let me tell you, I’m not a huge fan of horror/mystery books, but I’ve seen so. many. people rave about this series (and especially Noah Shaw 😉 ) that I didn’t need any more reasons to pick it up. And I’m so glad I did. It didn’t disappoint at all!
I was actually planning to write a proper review of this book, but I feel like this is a better way to share my opinions on it. So hear are the 8 reasons why the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is a perfect weekend read:
- First of all: the synopsis! It’s so intriguing!
Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.
- It’s so incredibly creepy, which honestly makes it even better! So many questions. So many odd things happening. It surely gave me the chills.
- The writing is phenomenal! So unique and descriptive. I just couldn’t put the book down.
- It’s insanely addictive! I mean, seriously! This book will take up your whole day. You’ll end up canceling your weekend plans and just snuggle up in your favorite reading spot and devour this book. It’s that good, okay?
- Characters: Mara is a such a strong, caring, and quirky protagonist. I loved reading the book from her perspective. The words that came out of her mouth were hilarious. By reading the synopsis we don’t get an idea about Mara’s family—but she does have one! Her parents and siblings are really supportive and loving, and also have a significant number of appearances in the story.
- Noah Shaw! ❤ Can we just take a moment to talk about how incredibly perfect he is?!? In Cait @ Paper Fury‘s words, shout HUZZAH! If you’ve been in the book community for a while, you’ve probably noticed a lot of people talk about one of the perfect book boyfriends ever – i.e. the one & only Noah! He’s snarky, hot, intelligent, thoughtful, and funny. He’s amazing! (And honestly, he is one of the reasons I’m continuing the series xD)
- The romance! It was so adorable. I loved how it grew and developed. Mara and Noah are just perfect for each other. ❤
- The ending! Oh. My. God. That ending was utterly mind blowing. It had me like:
I ordered the Evolution of Mara Dyer the second I finished it. (I’m currently reading it and—even though it’s not as good as this one—it’s so creepy and addictive, and I’m enjoying it so far.)
Have you read this series? What are your thoughts on it?
And if not, would you like to? Is it on your TBR? Let me know in the comments below!