March was such an amazing reading month for me! I ended up reading 9 books, and most of them, if not all, were 5 star reads. I’m so excited to share them with you all today. 🙂
I’ve been obsessed with reading e-books lately. Why, you might ask? Well, there’s not a particular reason behind it. It might be because I can stay up late at night reading in bed without having to switch on any lights, or it might even be because it was a way for me to start another book right after finishing one, I can’t say; but surprisingly, ALL the books I read this month were on my kindle. I’m planning to discuss this topic on the blog soon, so stay tuned for that.
Since I’m still on my book buying ban, I didn’t buy any books this month—but I did receive a package from my lovely friend Nina! She sent me a copy of My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick and a bunch of other things. Thank you so much, Nina! ❤ I’m so excited to read My Life Next Door! I’ve heard nothing but great things about it, and it’s synopsis is just.. srgmdawiahnl *heart eyes*
So here are the 9 amazing books I read this month:
- Kaleidoscope Hearts by Claire Contreras: 5/5 stars. This book’s synopsis had me really intrigued, and I ended up absolutely adoring it! I highly recommend this wonderful NA book to everyone.
- Chasing Spring by R.S. Grey: 4.5/5 stars. This was my first R.S. Grey book, and I enjoyed it so much that I went to Goodreads right after finishing it and added her other books to my already ginormous TBR. I adore this author’s writing. There’s a real wittiness and humor in her books that I love. If you like Romantic Comedies, you need to check out this book!
- The Pearl by John Steinbeck: 3/5 stars. I read this novella for school, and maybe it’s just me but it was a “meh” kind of book..
- With This Heart by R.S. Grey: 5/5 stars. I picked this up right after finishing Chasing Spring and ended up loving it even more. Such a sweet, refreshing, and captivating read with some adorable characters. Highly recommend this book too. 🙂
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover: 5/5 stars. Colleen Hoover’s books will always have a special place in my heart. Adored this book to pieces. ❤
- Scoring Wilder by R.S. Grey: 5/5 stars. If you ever ask me what my favorite R.S. Grey book is, it’d be this one. Oh my, I completing fell in love with this book! Such a great and refreshing read. You *have* to check it out!
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover: 4/5 stars. I know a lot of you love this book, and don’t get me wrong, I did too, but the beginning was a bit boring for me. I don’t know, I can really explain it in words, but it wasn’t like any other CoHo book. I did love the fact that it had diversity, which is a quite uncommon thing in NA books as far as I know. It finally had me intrigued and I found myself turning the pages faster once I was halfway through. Overall, I can’t say I didn’t like the story—I did—but it won’t be one of my favorite CoHo books for sure.
- Made You Up by Francesca Zappia: 3.5/5 stars. This is one of the books that I went into with high expectations and was a bit disappointed. Even though the book wasn’t solely based on the romance/relationships, some things like how Alex and Miles were “together” just after a kiss was quite unrealistic in my opinion, which was one of the reasons why I rated it three and a half stars. I guess if you go into it without expecting much, there’s a chance you might enjoy it more than I did.
- Take Me On by Katie McGarry: a million stars! Oh my goodness, this book has to be my favorite of the month! I loved it so freakin’ much. <333 It’s characters, the story, the author’s writing… simply amazing! I have a fear I’ll compare any contemporary book I read in the future with this one before rating it. Seriously guys, I can’t recommend it enough—GO READ IT!
There! Those are the 9 books I devoured this month. My favorite, as I said, was Take Me On, and my least favorite was The Pearl.
How many books did you read in March? What’s your favorite and least favorite? Have you read any of these books?? Let me know in the comments below. 🙂